For those interested in walking in the Little 5 Points 11th Annual Halloween Parade on Oct. 22nd with CON*tourage, here is the basic info. (direct from parade organizers). We do ask that if you walk in the parade with us, that you have some sort of costume on. If you have an ’80s themed costume, perfect…if not, don’t worry….ALL costumes are welcomed. After all…CON*tourage is FOR the people…and BY the people! (Remember…the Halloween festival itself, with vendors & live bands is from noon until midnight with the parade at 4 p.m.)
FROM PARADE ORGANIZERS:
* Please arrive by 3 p.m. (parade starts at 4 p.m.) on Saturday, October 22nd at the Community Center (1083 Austin Avenue). There will be volunteers to direct you. You will know Parade volunteers by their bright orange shirts that say STAFF. Look for the DeLorean Time Machine, which will be the CON*tourage parade vehicle. As far as costumes, look for Dr. Rockzo (the rock n’ roll clown) and a sexy female version of Gene Simmons (of KISS).
* The parade must keep moving at all times. Please keep the momentum. No stopping. (NOTE: CON*tourage will be walking with a DeLorean time machine in front of and behind, with ample room for safety.)
* You may pass candy or other treats HAND TO HAND. Absolutely NO THROWING!! We do not want people running into the street. This may require you to have someone walking next to the float or vehicle.
* ATLANTA POLICE will be on hand enforcing all state and local ordinances. These statutes include public decency, alcohol & controlled substances, and public safety. No animals allowed. Failure to comply will result in removal from the parade and festival.
* SECURITY is provided for the festival; however, the Little 5 Points Halloween Festival and it’s partners will not be held responsible for losses, damages, or injury to parade participants. Please be smart, be safe, and have FUN!
* BACK TO THE FUTURE: Look for a DeLorean Time Machine and you’ll find CON*tourage. It shouldn’t be too hard to find…it may still be steaming after making the trek back from the 1980s…or was it the 2080′s? Buddy Smith will be driving his kick-a$$ time machine in the parade and CON*tourage truly appreciates him for that!
* PARKING: Allow time to find a parking place. It may be a better move to park near where the parade ends and walk down to the Community Center (1083 Austin Avenue) – this event is HUGE so just be aware. If you do park at a business, make sure you are allowed, etc. (watch for signs that may specific that the parking is for partons only, etc.)
* MEET-UP / MINGLE: If you’d like to meet up with us earlier in the day, drop by the STAR BAR at 1:30 p.m. After the parade, which starts at 4 p.m., you can come mingle with CON*tourage again back at the STAR BAR (437 Moreland Avenue) in Little 5 Points.We’ll hang out here for a while before venturing back out.
* WEATHER: It’s looking to be beautiful and slightly cool for most of the day. For Saturday night, it’s looking like temps will drop into the 50s so make sure to dress properly if possible. Find out the latest weather forcast HERE.
* LITTLE 5 POINTS HALLOWEEN WEBSITE: http://www.l5phalloween.com/
* SCHEDULE OF FESTIVAL/PARADE EVENTS: http://www.l5phalloween.com/?page_id=15
* DIRECTIONS/PARKING/MARTA: http://www.l5phalloween.com/?page_id=20
* CON*tourage on FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/CON-touragecom/222461113229?ref=ts